Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Items I Will Not Eat....Again



10.  Liquid Yogurt
           I buy, they sit, they expire, they are thrown away.  This is not helping my immune system.


  9.  Smart Ones
           I have bought but they don't give you enough food.  I'm always hungry.


  8.  Fiber One Bars
           I actually like, but they kill my stomach.  No fiber is worth that much discomfort.


  7.  Wheat Bread, Wheat Pita, Wheat Anything
           If it has wheat in it; it will upset my stomach.


  6.   Wheat Bread Masquerading As White Bread
           The texture of this bread is like cardboard to me.  


  5.    Low Fat, No Fat - Cheese
            I love cheese and yes, I can tell a big difference.  Except I do like skim mozzarella.


  4.    Low Fat, No Fat - Mayo
            I don't use a lot, so when I do I want the real thing.


  3.    Cottage Cheese
            I always buy the snack packs with the goal of eating one a day.   I eat one and throw 3 away.


  2.    Eggplant
            I bought this and two weeks later found it in the fridge...half it's original size.



Drum roll please for the final item!  But first a little background story to share.  When I was growing up we would go to a cabin in Michigan for a week with the whole family.  I loved this time.  Swimming in the lake, running around with my cousins, and fishing with my grandmother.  The night before she would place some raw meat in a hole and cover it up with dirt.  Early in the morning we would get up to go fishing on the lake.  We would uncover the hole and there would be a mass of maggots.....ready for fishing.  Then we would get in a boat and fish all morning.  I loved those times; but it has left it's mark on me in other ways.  Now for another drum roll for my final item I will never eat again.........


   1.    Brown Rice
              They look just like the maggots we would fish with; I'll stick with white rice.


What's something you got tired of buying and never eating?


1 comment:

Retta said...

Have you read the book "Wheat Belly"? I did, and was amazed at the effect wheat has on some people. I hope you feel better without it now.

Here's a link in case you might be interested:
http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2011/10/why-wheat-makes-you-fat/