Sunday, November 13, 2011

Floating Iron





But as one was felling a beam, the ax head fell into the water: and he cried and said, "Alas, master, for it was borrowed!" And the man of God said, "Where fell it?" And he showed him the place.  And he cut down a stick and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim.  Therefore said he, "Take it up to thee." And he put out his hand and took it.  2 Kings 6:5-7

God's Grace can thus raise the stony iron heart which has sunk into the mud of this world, and raise up affections naturally earthly, to things above. (Matthew Henry)
I love this story.  We give up way too easily.  If it was me, I would have not even told Elisha and just kicked a few stones and counted the ax for loss.  So I take away from this that until a person breathes their last breath....don't give up.  God saved my grandfather at 87....87!  God's Grace is just as powerful now as it was back then...just works differently.

No comments: