Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday's Musings

Saturday is finally here; I've been off work for two weeks and it has felt like Saturday every single day! My daughter's birthday is next Tuesday and then I feel like the "holidays" are officially over. It has been a productive two weeks. I've been able to go through a lot of things and give some things away. I really have a lot of "stuff". Everyone was over last night for supper, the food was eaten, and a lot of kidding and talking around the table. It doesn't get any better than that!

And Naomi said unto Ruth her daughter in law, It is good, my daughter, that thou go out with his maidens, that they meet thee not in any other field. Ruth 2:22

Naomi has appointed Ruth to continue to glean in Boaz's field only. In the Hebrew tradition, Boaz was the Goel--next of kin and would be responsible for Naomi. Our blessed Savior is our Goel; it is He that has a right to redeem. If we expect to receive benefit by Him, let us closely adhere to Him, and His fields, and His family; let us not go the world and its fields for that which is to be had with Him only, and which He has encouraged us to expect from Him.

Let us not be found in any other field, nor seek for happiness and satisfaction in the creature. Tradesmen take it ill if those that are in their books go to another shop. Matthew Henry

I like the last analogy; I can identify with shopping! Jesus is our Goel, redeemer, if we are His children. Everything we could possible need or want is with Him.

No comments: