Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week In Review


Well time sure does fly; my 20 day break comes to an end this weekend.  I start back to work on Monday and I start back to school Monday night.  It's been a good 2 1/2 weeks for me.  The first week I took my annual triangular trip to Ohio, SC, then back home to Georgia.  This past week I have literally went through everything upstairs.  Just going through things, getting rid of things, and actually finding some things.  We took a huge load over to the thrift store today.  More is on the way when I get them boxed up.
Our downstairs is demolished--dry board off, fire place taken down, and today, kitchen cabinets torn down.  We have went through everything that was stored in the cabinets and got rid of some things.  The next step is going through everything under the house for a final cleansing.  You can laugh if you want to; but according to Good Housekeeping, decluttering helps you lead a less stressful life.

It's also freezer meals for the next few days.  At some point you need to stop cooking and eat what you have frozen; we are at that point.  We had leftover pork chops, macaroni w/cheese, and green beans for lunch.  Tonight we are having leftover taco meat I found in the freezer.  Tomorrow we are having leftover homemade bean soup and Monday is leftover lasagna==straight from the freezer.  We have had pumpkin and pecan pie from the freezer for desert.  It's been great!

I also made chocolate chip cookies and both of us ate a handful straight from the oven this afternoon.  You would think we were kids....that's great too!  Looking forward to another week ahead...hope everyone is having a good weekend.



No comments: