Friday, May 28, 2010

Pleasantries

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

Allow God to take inventory of people within your heart's reach whom you could nourish today. By doing so, you will not leave timely words unspoken.
(Matthew Henry)

When I'm not so caught up within my own reality show; I try to be encouraging to other people. You never know what a person is going through; from my own experience, I usually put a smile on when things are happening with me. I don't like people to "know" my business! But that is a form of pride, we are to reach out when there is a need. Also, we need to speak pleasant words concerning ourselves! Our own hearts need nourishing!

Looking Glass: Last day of school today; already the summer seems to be taken! I know what my plans are, but I will stop and ask direction from the Lord to see what His plans are for my summer. I do know that we plan on working on several rooms inside the house. My kitchen is also calling me for a scrub down; and I still have my daughter's room to get organized since she was married---almost a year ago!

1 comment:

Retta said...

"When I'm not so caught up within my own reality show; I try to be encouraging to other people."

Oh wow, that's a zinger! Try as I might, I seems to constantly fall back into that mindset... so busy working on my own issues, that I have little time left to get outside of myself and reach out.

Thank you for that... I am going to write it out and put it up where I can see it every day!!
Loretta
=^..^=