Sunday, February 7, 2010

Unseen Forces

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

The devil is a spirit, a wicked spirit; and our danger is the greater from our enemies because they are unseen, and assault us ere we are aware of them. The devils are wicked spirits and they chiefly annoy the saints with and provoke them to spiritual wickednesses, pride, envy, malice, ect. They assault us in the things that belong to our souls, and labor to deface the heavenly image in our hearts; and therefore we have need to be upon our guard against them. (Matthew Henry)

Wow! No wonder, I'm so tired at times. I can really identify with spiritual wickedness in high places (government). Armour is protection for you while you are in the midst of a battle. As Christians, we are always on the battleground--some days I can advance other days I feel like I retreat. But at least I'm there!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

Oh, yeah....evil is everywhere! It's soooo hard to do the right thing sometimes....that's where the REAL energy comes into play.