Saturday, February 6, 2010

Low Battery

Yes, that's what is has been this week--low battery. A person can only go so long before they need to charge themselves up to the Power Source. When your battery is weak the connection isn't as strong--as it should be or could be. It's never the Lord who pulls away it's me--us--the human race.

I was reminded of a study that I did on the Armour of God; and I thought over the next few days I would relate that study to you.

Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11

Spiritual strength and courage are very necessary for our spiritual warfare. We have no sufficient strength of our own. We should stir up ourselves to resist temptations in a reliance upon God's all-sufficiency and the omnipotence of His might. This armour is prepared for us, but we must put it on; that is, we must pray for our Grace, we must use the Grace given us, and draw it out into act and exercise as there is occasion. This is needed to stand against Satan.
(Matthew Henry)

Someone at work is known for not doing the right thing. A comment was made to me Friday that this person needs to put away the Bible because it was not doing he/she any good. This really spoke to me because actions have to accommodate the reading of God's Word. God has everything ready and waiting; but we have to take that first step in order for God to begin a work in us. The first step with the armour is prayer--simply praying for God's Grace that we can draw upon.

2 comments:

Retta said...

I appreciate reading this today... perfect timing.

So many times, people visit my blog and say nice things, and that's wonderful and I'm appreciative. But the one thing that makes me uncomfortable is when they say things like "oh, you are so strong!"

I posted a sort of summary of my plan today. And in it I tried to explain, without sounding all preachy or holier than thou (hopefully!) that God is my source of strength.

That is why I liked reading this here today... I was worried that maybe I shouldn't have posted that. But this was like God reassuring me that all's fine, it was alright to give credit where credit is due... to Him!
Thank you,
Loretta
=^..^=

Nicole said...

I enjoyed reading this post. I've had a low battery week too, and it is good to know I am not alone in that. I always need to be reminded that there is no reason to grow discouraged when I am doing things with God.